httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.1.1 and user authentication (fwd)
Date Wed, 04 Sep 1996 20:05:50 GMT
Rob Hartill said:

> last of the batch.
> not acked.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Massimiliano Liccardo -----
>
> Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:35:43 +0200
> From: Massimiliano Liccardo <mliccardo@tim.it>
> To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Apache 1.1.1 and user authentication
>
>  Hi,
>  I'm trying to setup up Apache 1.1.1 under Linux to authenticate users.
>  Unfortunately my Linux distribution does not have a crypt routine, so I
>  had to write the user file from my /etc/passwd file lines, but it does not
>  work!!!
>  How can I write my user file correctly ???
>  I think that apache does not use the Linux crypt routine ......

how can it not?  It's encrypting the /etc/passwd passwords isn't it? :)

--
                                        | Aram Mirzadeh
I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol| MIS Manager
that some thinkle peep I am.            | Qosina Corp.
It's just the drunker I sit here the    | http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
longer I get.                           | awm@qosina.com
                			| Apache httpd - awm@hyperreal.com
	   -- PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html --
	  -- BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0 --