httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sco...@taliesin.cs.ucla.edu (Scott Michel)
Subject Re: fyi http://www.iss.net/vd/vuln/nt/ntiis.html
Date Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:22:13 GMT
sameer@c2.org says:
> more stuff about nt. surprise surprise.

Wait a sec! Who said I was running IIS? Just 'cos I don't chuck NT
over shear parochial reasons (hell, I develop STREAMS modules for
Solaris) doesn't mean I don't have an axe to grind with MS and the
general poor quality of their application software.

Sameer, understand that I keep an open mind about a lot of things.
I just don't open my mind so far that my brain falls out. Unix is
fine for a platform. There are some really nice things that NT has
that Unix doesn't.

But you should notice that there are a lot more vulnerabilities in
Unix than NT listed.

-scottm