httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: HPUX and mmap support
Date Fri, 23 Aug 1996 03:40:29 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> from lanl.gov:
>
> >xxx is running 9.05, ooo is running 9.07 (not sure what the differences
> >are). in general, 9.0x versions with x even are the business versions,
> >and with x odd are the ones we use).
>
> xxx and ooo are both running with mmap, so that covers 9.05 and 9.07

Hmm. And 9.04 doesn't work with mmap, and you said that there was a bug
report from 9.01 that also didn't work. So we could assume that they fixed
it in 9.04, but if the enterprise/workstation versions are actually
different as the above states, then we don't know about 9.06 (assume there
was such a thing). (see - this is why autoconf is useful. You don't have
to track down all these different OS versions.)

BTW, I tried defining HAVE_SHMGET instead of HAVE_MMAP (again, with HP-UX
9.04). It compiled and executed okay, but didn't work. It never forked any
children, just kinda sat there. *sigh*