httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Ermm ... another thing
Date Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:45:46 GMT
On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Tim Hudson wrote:

>     HP-UX 9.x is sufficiently braindead in terms of mmap support that it is
> something to avoid. Certainly 10.x doesn't fix all the problems.

Okay... I'm sufficiently convinced that we should just not enable MMAP for
HPUX 9.x, just 10.x. If people need the performance boost, they can
upgrade their machine or enable it manually. I'm not aware of any OS
besides HP-UX that implements mmap this inconsistently, so we could
probably then get rid of the NO_MMAP stuff.

Would this be acceptable to everyone?

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message