httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Action doesn't work as advertised" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:39:33 GMT
On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, philip@vogon.rain.com wrote:

> A VirtualHost is set up as:
>
> <VirtualHost 204.245.208.241>
>         DocumentRoot            /usr2/www-home/default
>         Action          text/html /action.cgi
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I understand this to mean that when a document of type
> text/html is requested, the cgi-script will run, and
> info about the requested file will be passed to it.

Yes, that's correct.

> Instead, I get the message:
>
> File Not found
> The requested URL /action.cgi/index.html was not found on this server.
>
> This doesn't agree wit the action dexfribed in the doc ...

Yes, it does. What this means is that the server could not find the
action.cgi script. Unless you have any other directives that affect it, it
should be located at /usr2/www-home/default/action.cgi.

If this file exists, and is a valid CGI script, I'm not sure what's going
on - the Action capability works fine for me.

Thanks for using Apache!