httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ignoring errors
Date Thu, 15 Aug 1996 22:00:16 GMT
On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Has anyone written some code to allow substrings to be configured
> so that some common "errors" don't get logged?
>
> I do a lot of cache work which results in a "file not found" error
> before I create a cache entry, and I've hardcoded a 1 line "if"
> to prevent my cache misses being logged.
>
> Something more formal would be nice (with regexp support), but I think
> I remember this idea was stomped on (by Roy?) some time back.
>
> I looked at the code but couldn't work out in which module (or not by
> the looks of things) the code should be placed.

It doesn't. There is no generic error-logging mechanism. Each handler can
decide to log an error if it wants. For example, default_handler() (in
http_core.c) does log an error on NOT_FOUND. mod_imap does not. It depends
on the module. So I don't think there's really (currently) a good way to
stop logging of this sort of error.