httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: getword_conf patch
Date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 00:02:11 GMT
On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> This is probably a good move.  It allows .conf files to contain
> regular-expression directives, which some people have identified
> as useful.  It also seems to be consistant with other programs with
> which the average sysadmin is familiar.

Well, conf files *can* currently contain regexps in certain circumstances;
in <Directory>, <Location> and <Files>, for example. Except that right
now, you need to double-backslash backslashes. Which I'm sure would make
for an even better set of "it works in Perl, why doesn't it work in
Apache?" bug reports. Which we're going to get anyway. *sigh*