httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Apache resolves hostnames as virtual servers and should not do that" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 18:15:18 GMT

Can someone check this?

--
Cliff Skolnick, CIO      http://www.organic.com/     cliff@organic.com
Organic Online, Inc.       ** we're hiring **           (415) 278-5650
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu Aug  1  5:51:25 1996
From: meier@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
To: cliff@organic.com
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Apache resolves hostnames as virtual servers and should not
do that" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: meier@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: mod_rewrite
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
We have Apache running as a real server and multiple
virtual ones. I have disabled hostname reverse lookup
with

HostnameLookups off

in httpd.conf.

Nevertheless my virtual servers do reverse lookup
upon client connections. Configuring HostnameLookups
off in the VirtualServer sections didn't help.

The more, HostnameLookups is not mentioned in the
online documentation.
--

Backtrace: