httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject anyone want to write a chapter on server security?
Date Sat, 03 Aug 1996 01:15:21 GMT

My book is being repackaged/franchised, or something like that, and they
wanted to add a chapter on security, as below.  I said I was too swamped
now to write the chapter, but I'd ask the list if someone was interested.
Please let me know if you are.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:37:39 -0500
From: (my publisher)
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Subject: Re[2]: writing

     Well, just to give you an idea of what's in this chapter, the outline
     is as follows:

     Ch. 23 -- Key Web Access and Security Concerns for Webmasters

        Internet vs. Intranet
            Troubleshooting Site Access Problems
                CERN Error Codes
                Managing HTML Page Access
            Levels of Security
            Basic Administration Tools
            Firewalls and Proxies
        Electronic Data Exchange Via the Internet

     This book is higher-end than any of our other books, so we're
     eliminating a lot of the introductory things.  This chapter should be
     about 25-40 pages in length, and it's due by 8/23.  Let me know if you
     or anyone else on the development team can write this.

     Thanks,

     Philip