httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Tao <t...@io.org>
Subject Re: www.microsoft.com
Date Thu, 15 Aug 1996 05:53:00 GMT
On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Christian Gross wrote:

> Try accessing the server with a Microsoft browser....
>
> It works for me.  But once I start the Netscape browser it says too many
> users....

    I refuse to believe that even Microsoft would be stupid enough to
pull a stunt like this, but it certainly looks that way.  I can't get
http://www.microsoft.com/infoserv/haynes1.htm to come up in Netscape
(even after restarting it, using different IP numbers in place of the
hostname, etc.).  Lynx brings it up just fine though.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Senior Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.