httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject UW2.1 socket error problem (fwd)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 19:23:15 GMT

Cool, so maybe Unixware woes aren't our fault after all... I'll try and
add knowlege of this somehow to the web site.

	Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:30:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ed Horch <ebh@fpk.hp.com>
To: brian@apache.org
Subject: UW2.1 socket error problem

You probably already know this, but...

According to traffic in comp.unix.unixware.misc, SCO's people in
Bracknell are aware of the problem, which also occurs with NCSA
httpd (i.e., it's almost certainly not a problem with Apache).

One workaround is to replace UW2.1's libsocket with the one from
UW2.0.3, at the risk of reintroducing bugs which may have been
fixed in 2.1.

I've talked to a couple people in SCO, and they're looking into it
from this end, so I should be able to find out what they're doing
about it...

-Ed