httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Schrenk <nschr...@neog.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: (null)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 1996 02:50:44 GMT

> Any ideas on this? Can anyone duplicate this on a Unix version of
> Apache?

[OS/2 Apache security bug details deleted]

I just checked something similar in Unix by protecting a directory
containing uppercase letters and then requesting a URL for this directory
without capitalization, and Apache gave me a 404 like it should have.  I
would bet that the problem is in the OS/2 port of Apache and is caused by
case insensitivity (unlike Unix) in some of the C library functions
related to file system access, and case sensitivity in the access checking
functions.

Nathan

--
Nathan Schrenk						nschrenk@neog.com