httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Negotiation updates, and transparent neg.
Date Thu, 22 Aug 1996 01:24:05 GMT
> Well, okay. As has been pointed out, though, Netscape's language
> prefernces make it incredibly easy for the user to say "Hmm... I speak
> English and I'm from the US. I'll select the "US English" listing only",
> when really, they speak (or at least read) all forms.

AAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!  Sometimes I think they are doing this to me
on purpose.  How could they possibly screw up every time they implement
something in HTTP/1.1?

Seeing the documentation at
<http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/3.0/handbook/docs/panels.html#C7>
it is no wonder that people are setting it wrong.  I guess we'll have to
do another hack and assume lang;q=0.5 if lang-XX is set.  :(

......Roy