httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk vanGulik <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty query string gets discarded by proxy" on HPUX (fwd)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:11:45 GMT

> Not acked. At the very least it sounds like a dodgy server at
> the far end if it lets you download a script.

It is, but...

Requesting

	http://www.motorsport.com/cgi-bin/makeform.exe

gives you the CGI executable, whereas requesting

	http://www.motorsport.com/cgi-bin/makeform.exe?[something]

with [something] optional runs it. However it apears to me that the
proxy forwards a URL request for some-url? as just 'some-url'. In
a way it is right; cause there is noting after the '?' it just just
kind of superfluous. But it certainly causes this thing to go bang.

Guess it is better fixed; as the CGI is not part of the HTTP spec
and servers are more or less free to do what they want with the
bit between the GET<space> .. <space>HTTP :-)

Dw.

> ----- Forwarded message from Juha.Laiho@ntc.nokia.com -----
>
> >From irene.pcug.co.uk!hyperreal.com!nobody Wed Aug 14 09:31:11 1996
> From: Juha.Laiho@ntc.nokia.com
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Wed Aug 14  1:25:45 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty query string gets discarded by proxy" on HPUX
>
> Submitter: Juha.Laiho@ntc.nokia.com
> Operating system: HPUX, version: 9.05
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used: From info: proxy_module, cookies_module, digest_module, dbm_auth_module,
anon_auth_module, info_module, status_module, cern_meta_module, config_log_module, action_module,
imap_module, asis_module, env_module, alias_module, userdir_module, cgi_module, dir_module,
includes_module, negotiation_module, auth_module, access_module, mime_module, core_module