httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "apache 1.1.1 children all turn zombie when busy" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 1996 17:15:01 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> Someone with time to kill might want to help out with this one..

Hmmm ... although we had sort of decided that this problem was an OS problem,
the number of reports of this ilk is beginning to make me think we broke
something. I know the "gradual cleanup" code I added (or did I just submit it
for consideration?) works around the problem, but that isn't really the point.
Also, it hasn't been released.

Does anyone have the vaguest clue where we went wrong?

Cheers,

Ben.

> From irene.pcug.co.uk!hyperreal.com!nobody Thu Aug  8 17:28:26 1996
> From: djm@va.pubnix.com
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Thu Aug  8  9:20:08 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "apache 1.1.1 children all turn zombie when busy" on BSDI
>
> Submitter: djm@va.pubnix.com
> Operating system: BSDI, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used: status, info, anon_auth, locally written logging, locally written
semaphore module (not turned on with directives, but compiled in)