httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: Patch for SCRIPT_NAME/PATH_INFO... ?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 1996 21:57:27 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On Monday I posted here a patch to fix the problems with SCRIPT_NAME and
> PATH_INFO when you rewrite URLs with path infos, without breaking existing
> scripts or creating new problems in the meantime.
> I have not yet heard any comments on the patch. It may change Apache's CGI
> and includes behavior in subtle ways, and I would really like people to
> at least glance at it. On the other hand, this problem really does need to
> be fixed, sooner rather than later, as it becomes easier and easier to
> map URLs to weird filenames. Core dumping, as Apache does not, is
> defenitely not the correct behavior, I assume we can all agree with that.

Glancing at it makes me think that it is a kludge that fixes a deeper problem.
Or, more likely, half-fixes it. What I'd like to know, but haven't the energy
to find out, is what that deeper problem is.

Technical Director          Email:
A.L. Digital Ltd,           URL:
London, England.            Apache Group member (

View raw message