httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <>
Subject Re: Win32 Progress Report
Date Mon, 05 Aug 1996 18:50:47 GMT (Robert S. Thau) writes:

>   Well, POSIX only defines the thread interface, and says the basic
>   binary-running stuff stuff has to comply with it. I mean, you don't
>   *have* to use libc if you don't want to...
> Nu?  At the very least, Posix defines stdio extensions which only make
> sense in a threaded context (the {get,put}c_unlocked business), though
> I *suppose* the way Posix does things, they could be optional.  So, at
> the very least, a "good" implementation is supposed to support stdio,
> which is actually a fair bit tougher (starting from zero) than name
> service.

Umm, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since {get,put}c_unlocked
are not thread safe under Solaris wherease the other io functions are.
Have you got the Posix spec handy (I haven't).

If we're going to throw the word posix around you need to qualify it
with the standard you're talking about since they're not

  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

View raw message