httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: gnats
Date Wed, 07 Aug 1996 11:15:16 GMT
Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com> writes:
> This sounds good, I assume, from a bug-handling and PR standpoint. And I
> would certainly applaud such an effort. However, from a developer's
> standpoint (I don't like doing customer service, btw. I've tried it on
> other projects; I just can't stand it, really), I just would like to say
> that I like the current system; where someone else handles the mundane
> stuff, and the actual bugs and feature requests and things that are of
> interest get passed on to this list.

User bug submissions should go directly into the database so that a PR
is allocated and they get a response when it's closed. I'd like all
submissions to go to a apache-bugs mailing list so those who want to
can see bug reports as they come in.

If the "bug team" is judicious in handling bug reports then non-apache
bugs can be immediately closed. Every week/month an analysis of the
database is sent out which lists all open reports, since the bug team
has closed the irrelevant ones this would be a concise list of the
genuine bugs currently present which is what Alexei wants.

It wouldn't be *that* hard to write a script that just mailed out the
days new submissions but that might not give people a chance to close
irrelevant reports.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155