httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: security-info-digest V2 #402 (fwd) (long)
Date Sun, 01 Sep 1996 02:34:22 GMT
> This astonished me enough that I thought the group might like a look at
> it. Apologies to any who've already seen it.

I'm long past caring, having seen this from months back, and I dun't
read between the lines any more on this list (*sigh*) so I take it
the concensus is that MS blew it, blew it, barf, give up, go home.
And that ergo, FrontPage is a dog?

Anyway, I don't know anyone worth a damn who's actually using the
stuff.  Am I missing something?

Ay.

> > security-info-digest       Friday, 30 August 1996       Volume 02 : Number 402
> >

> > From: Michael Mathieu <mikemat@microsoft.com>
> > Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:41:24 -0700
> > Subject: RE: Security aspects of Microsoft FrontPage server extensions?
> > To: "'www-security@ns2.rutgers.edu'" <www-security@ns2.rutgers.edu>
> >
> > I'm Mike Mathieu, the Group Program Manager for the Vermeer Technologies
> > group at Microsoft.  I'm responsible for the design of FrontPage.  As of
> > this morning I'm on this mailing list, so this will be my only apology
> > for a tardy response to this initial posting.

[yadda]...