httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: bug report: Redirects lose ? args (fwd)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:42:07 GMT
On 29 Aug 1996 15:17:07 +0200 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> [query-strings are not perserved in redirects]

> > AFAIK, this is a deliberate feature of "Redirect".

> I dunno. It sounds like a bug to me.

Yes, this could be, because I initially wrote mod_rewrite with mod_alias in
mind and fixed this problem for mod_rewrite three weeks ago. So, the chance
is high that mod_alias still has such a problem.  A quick look into mod_alias
makes this correct: It never does anything with r->args. But it should do it
before returning REDIRECT.

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com