httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: bug report: Redirects lose ? args (fwd)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:28:40 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
>[query-strings are not perserved in redirects]
>> AFAIK, this is a deliberate feature of "Redirect".
>I dunno. It sounds like a bug to me.

It's always been that way. It also rediects POST to GET and
clients throw away "#" anchors. It's not the friendliest of
directives, but most people now understand how it works.

The URL being redirected to might get confused if we start
sending QUERY_STRINGs that have so far never been sent. If
you "fix" this, it might be better to make it optional, perhaps
with something like

Redirect /from

With the trailing "?" used to say that QS should be forwarded

View raw message