httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject language negotiation bug? (fwd)
Date Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:34:23 GMT

not acked

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:01:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Kearns <>
Subject: language negotiation bug?

reference page:

a couple files exist here, index.html.en,
server is set up to prefer en es pt fr de in that order.

with no entries (on mac netscape) in languages panel, I get the english
page, as I should, but with one entry, English (en-US), I get the
spanish page!! What gives? (is this another case of me being a moron?)

With English (en) selected I get english, as I should, and with
Spanish (sp), I get the spanish page.

Question can I, and do I need to, add
AddLanguage en .en # English
AddLanguage en-US .en # American

will this work, or will it get confused with the same extension mapped
to two content-types?

Conversely, should I be copying every .en page (all 30k) to .enus?

Dan Kearns                               Motorola ISG                          Internet Business Group
(508) 261-4976

View raw message