httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Proxy doesn't work without CacheRoot" on FreeBSD (fwd)
Date Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:01:59 GMT

not acked

----- Forwarded message from ericc@nswcc.org.au -----

From: ericc@nswcc.org.au
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Mon Aug 26 17:34:17 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Proxy doesn't work without CacheRoot" on FreeBSD

Submitter: ericc@nswcc.org.au
Operating system: FreeBSD, version: 2.0
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I installed Apache on the Firewall machine and set
the "ProxyRequest ON".  It didn't work until I set
the "CacheRoot /usr/local/.../proxy" and restart
the Httpd Process.  I have tried it few times, to
comment and uncomment the CacheRoot.  It really
only works with the CacheRoot uncommented.  Why I
think it is a bug because I didn't create the
CacheRoot directory - /usr/local/.../proxy at all.

That should be enough to explain.
Thank you.
--

Backtrace: