httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Ermm ... another thing
Date Sun, 25 Aug 1996 16:47:59 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> > The only problems are the few systems that config.guess doesn't guess
> > explicitly (I don't have acess to all of them, so I don't know what it
> > actually comes back with). These are OS/2, QNX, Unixware, UTS, and UXP/DS.
> > Some of these may work, but others simply will not. I'm not quite sure how
> > to deal with that.
>
> Err, surely we just extend config.guess to cover them? We are allowed to do
> that, I trust?

Actually, we need (and really want) very, very little of the config.guess
stuff... In fact, all it really does is use uname.

I would prefer, and, in fact, I'm working on making Configure smart
enough to do what config.guess does without all the excess baggage.
I will, most likely, maintain the idea of the uname-case-switch
stuff in a sep file so make it somewhat easier to read and maintain
both Configure and Configure.getos :)