httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "netscape with proxy ftp for .exe" on Linux (fwd)
Date Sat, 24 Aug 1996 18:16:07 GMT

One for the proxy.  If you can please cc a copy of the response to me.

<Aram>

Timothy Wagner said:
> Since my first communication on this subject, I have
> tried downloading .exe files with Netscape, WebExplorer,
> and InternetExplorer with the same results. I believe this
> to be A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE APACHE PROXY SERVICE.

> the Apache mime.types file says:
>
> 	application/octet-stream        bin dms lha lzh exe class
>
> My Netscape Navigator says:
>
> 	application/octet-stream	bin,exe
>
> These seem to be equivalent to me, what more can I do.
> I really do't understand how all this works but, I did
> notice one thing. Netscape thinks all downloaded .exe
> files are mime type text/html. This is why it displays
> the file instead of saving it.

> If you cannot help me with this problem, will you please
> forward this message to another Apache team member
> who might be able to, thanks.

Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member
Qosina Corporation				    aram@hyperreal.com
http://www.qosina.com/			    http://www.qosina.com/~awm
PGP Key 			http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
Key Sig 	      BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin