httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Can't get status & info from server." on SCO (fwd)
Date Wed, 21 Aug 1996 15:28:16 GMT

not acked

----- Forwarded message from arthur@ciech.waw.pl -----

From: arthur@ciech.waw.pl
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Aug 21  6:29:26 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Can't get status & info from server." on SCO

Submitter: arthur@ciech.waw.pl
Operating system: SCO, version: 3.2.4
Version of Apache Used: Apache 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: server-status server-info
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
When configured to allow from more than one host or
host other than localhost [127.0.0.1] or the same that
run the server I've got 404 error (File not found)
but when disallow localhost or the same host I've
got 403 (Forbidden) which is correct, but I don't
find a way to got the status from localhost. This
also occur when I specify domain name (with leading dot)
instead of IP address (whatever partial or not).
When I specify _SINGLE_ host by full IP addres
other than localhost or 'this' host all is OK.
I check my DNS twice but nothing wrong was found ...
Best Regards
Artur Szymanski
CIECH S.A.
Warsaw