httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Apache 1.1.2 ?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 1996 08:00:16 GMT

I cannot remember what the status was.
But, are there any plans to make an Apache 1.1.2 release?

I ask, because these days I installed three Apache 1.1.1 servers
and every time I got forced to add some patches:

   1. The "proxy:" check from my for mod_negotiation to make
      the proxy workable in 1.1.1 (ok, for FTP it is
      broken but with this 2-line patch in mod_negotiation.c
      it really works fine for HTTP).

   2. The util_script.c patch from Alexei to fix
      core dumps in context of special PATH_INFOs
      when using CGI scripts.

   3. The recently occured keepalive-Patch (m2-1.1.1)
      and which at least makes a hack to get Apache
      better running with Netscape.

Now, while 1.2 will be released not in the really near future (next weeks), I
think there should be a 1.1.2 release in the meantime which fixes these bugs,
because without 1.1.1 operates not good in case of proxy context, CGI context
and Netscape.

What is the opinion in the Apache Group?

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/~rse