httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: fyi http://www.iss.net/vd/vuln/nt/ntiis.html
Date Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:54:27 GMT

> But you should notice that there are a lot more vulnerabilities in
> Unix than NT listed.

	Let's see here. NT has been around for one year. UNIX has been
around for about twenty. NT source is kept under wraps and NDA. UNIX
source is available for ftp from ftp.cdrom.com.
	People don't *know* what problems are in NT, which is more
dangerous than something which has problems you know about.

	I prefer 20 security holes that I know about and can fix
rather than 10 holes I don't know about and can't fix.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider