httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: proxy server
Date Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:25:25 GMT
You may have better luck doing this in your firewall or an upstream router.
You can limit access *to* the proxy, but you'd have to hack a bit to re-
strict outgoing access.

Aram Mirzadeh liltingly intones:

> I have a strange question, can the proxy server be made not to allow
> outside the domain connections?
>
> I need to give about 20 salespeople access to my server, but I don't want
> them to go out into the world with netscape.  I was thinking of playing
> around with the proxy server to see if there is way to disallow access to
> anything but a list of sites (only one in this case).
>
> I was wondering if this is even possible, or already working somewhere else.
>
> <Aram>
> --
> /*
>  * Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
>  * Apache Development Team, awm@hyperreal.com http://www.hyperreal.com/
>  * PGP Key - http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
>  * BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0
>  *
>  * The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions.
>  * 							--Claude Levi-Strauss
>  */

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"This is lemma 1.1.  We start a new chapter so the numbers all go back
to one."
		-- Prof. Seager, C&O 351