httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject mod_rewrite doc for Apache 1.2
Date Tue, 20 Aug 1996 09:59:03 GMT

Ok, we have recently added mod_rewrite to the Apache core distribution.
Now I'm thinking about documentation. Ok, I know that the next Apache 1.2
release will not be tomorrow, but when any 1.2 release comes out, there
should be also be available on www.apache.org a documentation for
mod_rewrite.

Well, mod_rewrite _HAS_ still a huge documentation at
http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_rewrite/arc/mod_rewrite-SNAP/doc/
These files (I splitted the old huge file into smaller peaces now) can be
added to the other bulk of doc files on www.apache.org.

My question is: Is the current documentation for mod_rewrite ok for
inclusion into the doc suite of Apache or have it be in some special way or
layout?

If the current state is ok, fine. Then anyone should grab a copy of it from
the mod_rewrite homepage and put this on www.apache.org. If not still o, say
what is missing and should be added or changed.

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/~rse