httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Fixing Netscape keepalive problem
Date Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:44:14 GMT
THe patches are in /pub/httpd/patches/incoming and are called m2-1.2dev.patch
and m2-1.1.1.patch.

They also cure the problems we've seen at N2K with Mac and Windows 3.1 versions
of Netscape 2.x. We've been using them for about a month now.

Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> > Randy Terbush liltingly intones:
> > >

> > > Chuck, has that code been commited?
> > >
> > My very strong impression was that the group did *not* want this code
> > committed, and that we were going to adapt BrowserMatch to do this stuff.
> > I have patches for both 1.1.x and 1.2.
>
> I question if we should be fixing such a low level problem with dependancy
> on another module.  ??
>
> > I had planned to make them available from hyperreal, for those who needed
> > them.
>
> I would like to give these a spin Chuck.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.