httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject hook to an API function on fork()
Date Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:07:41 GMT
	I see a need for an additional API function hook..

	When a new server is forked, I need to call a function,
immediately after said fork. Namely I need to connect to a UNIX domain
socket and I need root (or other non-webserver) privs to connect to
said socket. I can't connect prior to forking because I don't want all
the forked server processes to be using the same connection to said
UNIX domain socket-- they need seperate connections to this socket.

	Thoughts? I'm probably going to have to patch http_main.c
because I need this soon, but an API hook would be extremely useful,
in particular for database applications, I think.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider