httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Netscape and Keepalives
Date Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:21:00 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > I fergit... Did anyone ever figger out why the keepalive problem
> > with Netscape just started showing itself with 1.2-dev ??
>
> Uh... as I recall, it didn't. It's been there ever since we first
> introduced keepalive support.

Maybe I'm seeing something different then... When I access some pages
served by 1.2-dev using Netscape, occasionally Netscape will just
"hang" for few/several seconds before it reports Done. No additional
updating is done during this period (if I hit Stop, the page is the
same as it would be if I let NS continue)... Doesn't happen at all
with MIE.

Is this one symptom of the keepalive problem?