httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject ErrorDocument problems under current snapshot
Date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 13:26:56 GMT

Bug Report:

While parallel testing around with mod_rewrite under 1.1.1 and 1.2-dev
(snapshot of today) I discovered that all works great except the
ErrorDocument for 404 (File not found) does not work under 1.2-dev.

While using the same(!) config file for 1.1.1 and 1.2-dev, when I request a
non-existing URL under 1.1.1, I get the output of the ErrorDocument.  When I
request it with the 1.2-dev binary running, the connection is just dropped
without output any output (not even HTTP headers). But no core dump occured,
or I at least cannot find one.

The logfiles show no error. And even mod_rewrite at least sees the (just
passed through) internal request for the ErrorDocument CGI-script. But then
something must be broken under 1.2-dev. It seems like the mod_cgi has
problems! But it works when referencing existing CGI-scripts directly.  Just
the ErrorDocument CGI-script does not work.

Hmmmm... can someone please check this? Has anyone simiar problems?

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/~rse