httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Problems with proxy cache expiry -- update to previous report" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:45:45 GMT
----- Forwarded message from olly@mantis.co.uk -----

From: olly@mantis.co.uk
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Aug 14  4:16:14 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Problems with proxy cache expiry -- update to previous report"
on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: olly@mantis.co.uk
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: mod_proxy.c
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I noticed that I hadn't set the group for the
proxy directory to "guest" (which httpd is
running as). Fixing this seems to have improved
matters. Sorry to have bothered you with a bug
report when it was my fault.

If it's easy for Apache to check the
owner/group of the proxy directory (should be
I think) it would probably be a useful addition.

Incidentally, the strategy for deleting the #tmp*
files isn't ideal currently.

modproxy.c deletes any that are over a day old
but I'm finding this means most of the disk
space in the proxy cache is taken up by these
files (our internet link is overloaded currently
so connections often timeout).

Ideally the files should be deleted when
hard_timeout() kicks in I guess.

Cheers
Olly
--