httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: CALL FOR VOTE: Inclusion of mod_rewrite v2.2
Date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:32:49 GMT
On 14 Aug 1996 03:12:08 +0200 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> [...]

> > The bottom line is that I think it needs to prove itself as an
> > optional module for awhile before we consider putting it in every
> > copy.

> All right... I suppose I can buy that. I'll agree then to make mod_rewrite
> an optional module, if you'll agree that we review that status before the
> release of Apache 2.0. Is that acceptable for all?

> Unless there are any objections, I will commit mod_rewrite.[ch] around
> 3:00 PM, PST. It has more than sufficient votes to be included as an
> optional module.

Aehmmm... which version will you include? v2.1 or v2.2-SNAP?   I ask, because
I currently still work at v2.2-SNAP a little bit these days by adding some
speed-up codes (internal caching of map-lookups etc.), etc. Would it be
possible to give you the v2.2-RELEASE a few days later for upgrade? Can I say
"please commit the latest version" from time to time when I changed
something? Or how should I maintain mod_rewrite in the future?

Or is it possible that I can maintain mod_rewrite.[ch] myself in the Apache
CVS tree? E.g. by adding me to the CVS config. I then will only work on
mod_rewrite.[ch]. Is this possible?

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com