httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: CALL FOR VOTE: Inclusion of mod_rewrite v2.2
Date Tue, 13 Aug 1996 00:47:15 GMT
Alexei Kosut said:

> On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > I'm +1 for including it as an *optional* module.
> > I'm -1 for including it as a default module.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this logic, and I'm sure I don't understand why
> it would cause you to veto mod_rewrite as a default module.
>
> In the default config files, srm.conf-dist to be precise, there are
> exactly three directives that are applied to mod_userdir or mod_alias.

Well, just my two cents, I think the core modules, should be exactly that.
The bare minimums to get a httpd daemon up and running.  Everything else is
luxury, and should be "an option".

So, I think the mod_rewrite should fall into the 'optional' modules and be
included in the package, as well as in the conf file... maybe commented out
by default... but I think it should be included.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org

A diplomat...is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such
a way that you actually look forward to the trip. -Caskie Stinnett