httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "/status/ gives "Document contains no data"" on OSF/1 (fwd)
Date Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:08:49 GMT

not acked. Someone might want to ask him for a patch.

----- Forwarded message from frank.lenaers@is.belgacom.be -----

From: frank.lenaers@is.belgacom.be
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Mon Aug 12  6:28:10 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "/status/ gives "Document contains no data"" on OSF/1

Submitter: frank.lenaers@is.belgacom.be
Operating system: OSF/1, version: 4.0
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: mod_status.o mod_info.o
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
used:
CC=cc

Symptom:
http://myhost/status/ gives "Document contains no data"

We have had a similar problem with another cgi.
Problem was that OSF is to fast ;-) and does not fflush(stdout).
We inserted a fflush(stdout) and a sleep, which resolved the problem.

I'm not a programmer, so I include this for info:
While compiling httpd I got some warnings:

cc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -DOSF1 buff.c
cc: Warning: buff.c, line 363: In this statement, the referenced type of the pointer value
"memchr(...)" is "signed char", which is
not compatible with "unsigned char".
        x = memchr(fb->inptr, '\012', fb->incnt);
--------^

and

ld:
Unresolved: