httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dave madden <...@paradigm.webvision.com>
Subject Re: imagemap hacks
Date Sun, 11 Aug 1996 06:33:27 GMT
 =>From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
 =>
 =>Ieeiii!!
 =>
 =>I just had a quick look at mod_imap. There are some problems.
 =>Look for strcpy(). The quick fix would be to change these to
 =>strncpy(), but would probably be best to make the changes to
 =>pstrdup().

Thanks for the tip.  I'll fix my copy (I'm still using 1.0.5) and post
patches if I can figure out which version to diff against for maximum
utility.

BTW, I took this opportunity to look at some of my other logs; it
appears that binary crap in URLs is not uncommon.  I found a lot of
examples, particularly from crawl2.atext.com, which seems to attempt
to traverse our site every few days.  In fact, crawl2 is so fond of
us that I'm sorely tempted to hack a redirect to a never-ending stream
of garbage.  Anybody interested in a mod_diddle_robots? :-)

d.