httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: mod_browser
Date Sat, 10 Aug 1996 14:09:38 GMT
Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> > I've uploaded to /httpd/incoming/mod_browser.c, with documentation in
> > mod_browser.html, a module that implements functionality that we've
> > discussed here before, and that has generally been agreed to be a useful
> > addition to the Apache distribution.

> I much prefer doing this in the server over using CGI. +1

+1. Excellent. I'd also like to propose putting this into the core
distribution, since I found that about 2/3 of the interoperability
problems I heard about this week at the conference were the Netscape
silliness. It would be great to just recommend

BrowserMatch	Mozilla/2	no_keepalive

Or something similar. I'll be putting this in here ASAP.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law:
	Murphy was an optimist.