httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "routing requests to different proxy" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 09 Aug 1996 16:27:36 GMT

not acked

----- Forwarded message from -----

Date: Fri Aug  9  8:30:30 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "routing  requests to different proxy" on SunOS 4.x

Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 4.1.1
Extra Modules used: proxy, ... ..., dont know what's extra
URL exhibiting problem:

I hope it's not a bug but a configuration problem
If there's a mailing list that is more appropriate
for question like the following, please tell me.

I run tow apache Servers in our Intranet:

Server back  <------>  Server switch ---> gatekeeper

Server back and Server switch are the apache Servers
gatekeeper is a CERN proxy on our gatekeeper machine

I want to route requests on both apache Servers
e.g.  Server switch will contact additional Servers:
an IIS  or a Novell Web Server.

for the switch apache Server I made the following
configuration entry:
ProxyRemote 	http://NovellServer
ProxyRemote     ftp://iis
ProxyRemote     http://iis
ProxyRemote     http://back:8001
ProxyRemote     *                       http://gatekeeper:8001

But it does not work reliably: e.g. I can send
an http request to iis  it works  but not an ftp

Is there a restricted number of ProxyRemote
Settings ?
Can apache not do at all what I want him to do ?

I can access Servers, when I run my old CERN Server
instead of the apache Server  where I have configured
one proxy, the gatekeeper, and all the other
Servers are tagged by the NoProxy Keyword in the
Cern Server Configuration.

If apache should be able to handle this, any advice
what's wrong at my site will be welcome.

Different Topic:  Are there any tools to display
whats cached in the cache area, date, size, etc.
That might be helpful to become some insight and
confidence in what happens in the cache.

Werner Frank

----- End of forwarded message from -----

View raw message