httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject CALL FOR VOTE: Inclusion of mod_rewrite v2.2
Date Fri, 09 Aug 1996 13:16:57 GMT

Ok, now silence occured about mod_rewrite v2.2-SNAP, because I incorporated
all features, I ever wanted and Alexei's very good hints and requirements are
also satisfied. Now, I'm waiting to release v2.2 officially. I'm waiting
because whenever mod_rewrite should included into the Apache 1.2-dev, then as
a officially released v2.2 and not as a developer version v2.2-SNAP.

          * * *

    So, please NOW GIVE YOUR VOTES for
    inclusion of mod_rewrite v2.2
    into the Apache 1.2-dev core sources!

          * * *

    (whether mod_rewrite should be optionally compiled into Apache or allways
    compiled in is really _ANOTHER_ question for _ANOTHER_ vote!  Now I only
    want to know: Should it be included or not! Point.)

    If you still had NOT a look at mod_rewrite, PLEASE HAVE IT NOW:
    http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_rewrite/

If there were enough +1 then Alexei should as a first step include it as an
_PURE OPTIONAL_ module (because I'm not a core member, so cannot do it
myself). And if it runs fine, I will release this version as official v2.2
and will maintain it in the future for the Apache core team of there occur
any more requirements or bugs which need fixing!

If there were not enough +1 or to much -1 now then I will finally really give
up with the idea of inclusion and will release mod_rewrite v2.2, stop this
module project and go on with other private hacking stuff... Because I'm in
the middle of a very important exam period in university and now really need
to know what the Apache group wants!  When you want to include it into Apache
_LATER_, ok, you can - no problem - but please keep in mind that then you
also have to maintain it yourself, because I will be busy by new other
stuff...

Now we will see, how much +1 and -1 can occur on the Apache team...

    PLEASE VOTE NOW !

Thanks.
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com