httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Call for hints: Content-Filtering (for Proxy)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 1996 18:33:47 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>    There are a lot of examples where this is a
>    nice feature to have:
>       - stripping the annoying advertisement-images from Yahoo! and
>         other popular pages

That's probably a copyright infringement. The ads on pages are part of the
page themselves. Not fetching ads is one thing, altering pages for
later redistribution (say, to proxy users) is another.

-1 on documenting a case of copyright infringment with this idea.

If I hear of a site that filters out my ads (or any other content they
feel like), I'll probably ban them from accessing it.

rob