httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: Apache proxy too slow
Date Thu, 08 Aug 1996 08:50:12 GMT
Anyone still has seen this message? If not, listen because perhaps another
Proxy problem:

On 7 Aug 1996 19:55:38 GMT in comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix you wrote:

> I just installed Apache 1.1.1 and want to use it as a proxy server.

> So, I set the ProxyRequests to On and let the Cache* directives remain
> commented out.  Nothing worked, though.  I got the error message "Document
> contains no data" for every site that I visit.

> I then uncommented the Cache* directives and everything worked okay.
> However, the problem is that when I'm reloading an HTML page from the local
> server, it's extremely slow.  This becomes unacceptable when I'm editing
> HTML and want to reload often to check my editing changes.

> When reloading outside sites, it's not slow at all, everything is normal.
> It seems like it's just slow for documents on the local server.

> Can anybody give me any tips on this problem?

>  ||  ||    Terry Lung
>  \\()//
> //(__)\\   tlung@greedo.partnersweb.com
> ||    ||

I don't know the proxy code, when I hope that the proxy URL-to-filename
translator hook will check for http://myhost/someurl as requests and _KNOW_
that this is local and change it to /someurl! Hmmm... hopefully. If not,
the guy's observation is correct.

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com