httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: interesting news (fwd)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 1996 02:29:16 GMT
Rob Hartill said:

> The people in the NT marketplace aren't going to go near unix, even
> if it is better, faster and even free. They have their heads in the
> sand and will just accept the bull fed to them by the sales droids from
> MS and Netscape.
>
> This could just be the end of Netscape's dominance. A recent browserwatch
> poll put MSIE at 15%. That's 10% better than when I last looked a couple
> of months back,

This number is very misleading.  All 95, and NT 4.0 server are now shipping
with MSIE, so the "normal" doesn't know any better.

> It's clear that Bill's on a mission. The shame is that Netscape have
> trodden on so many toes as they laughed all the way to the bank that they're
> not going to get much sympathy from the net community when the evil
> empire catches them.

He has already said this in the last interview on CNN.  He's after Netscape,
"They just got lucky." --bill

<Aram>
--
                                        | Aram Mirzadeh
I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol| MIS Manager
that some thinkle peep I am.            | Qosina Corp.
It's just the drunker I sit here the    | http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
longer I get.                           | awm@qosina.com
                			| Apache httpd - awm@hyperreal.com
	   -- PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html --
	  -- BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0 --