httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite v2.2-SNAP (II)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 1996 21:23:38 GMT
On 7 Aug 1996 23:08:21 +0200 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
> Alexei Kosut wrote:

> > Except for that one little change (which amounts to just deleting a dozen
> > lines of code - a no-brainer), I can now say (at least for now), that I am
> > very happy with the current snapshot of mod_rewrite, and am in support of
> > including mod_rewrite.c in Apache 1.2, and in the default Configuration.
> >

> After the "update", Ralf can you upload the latest version. I'd like
> to take a gander and do some tests :)

Hmmm.. I want to discuss this "update" with Alexei more deeply, because I
think this is the first time that Alexei is wrong ;-) Ok, an update will
occur, because Alexei is right in the following point: mod_rewrite should
perhaps try harder to support a server which runs on a non-standard port. I
will go through the source and double-check this.

But the current snapshot can allways be found on
http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_rewrite/. I do a regular rdist from
en1.engelschall.com (my development machine here at home) to
{www,en3}.engelschall.com (the public webserver at sd&m). Just grab the
latest source from there and try it out. Im really open for any type of
feedback!

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com