httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject mod_rewrite v2.2-SNAP (II)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 1996 14:25:39 GMT

Ok, first thanks to Alexei for his suggestions, even when they cost me a lot
of time to incorporate into mod_rwrite ;-) (his last ones caused me now 6
hours... hmmm)

Now, the current mod_rewrite v2.2-SNAP has all requests from Alexei included.
Have a look at the ChangeLog at
http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_rewrite/arc/mod_rewrite-SNAP/ChangeLog
to see what stuff was changed (a lot of code changed!).

In short:
   - RewriteBase directive added
   - rewritten the rewrite engine to use the base-URL
     which will be set by the new RewriteBase
   - Updated the documentation: RewriteBase _AND_
     a nice table which shows all possible rewritings which can occur!
     (Please have a look and give some feedback!)
   - Fixed another related bug with proxy-throughput in per-dir context

Now the three problem sAlexei discovered last time should be away.
The important one, also: mod_rewrite now does send only URLs to
internal_redirect and not filenames!

I tested all rewrite rule possibilities (of the above mentioned table in the
docs!) and all worked fine again. I then installed mod_rewrite v2.2-SNAP on
www.engelschall.com and even the killer-app net.sw runs smooth. Puuhhhh...

Now, I'll again sitting down and waiting for your feedback. Thanks!

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/~rse