httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: gnats
Date Tue, 06 Aug 1996 20:17:42 GMT
          A good bugtracking system would send you mail when you need to
  look at something.

Hmmm... I can't think of an automated system which goes through
incoming bug reports and automatically filters out those reports
where it's clear that any bugs in Apache itself are the least of the
submitters' problems ("Failure to compile on El33tNIX 5.56+0.3i, error
message: 'make: command not found'").  It's at least my impression that
the humans who have been reading the bug-mail have in fact been doing
this.  It seems Alexei would like someone to keep it up...

rst