httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: random questions...
Date Tue, 06 Aug 1996 17:56:40 GMT
  Ermmm ... but surely this rather defeats the object of using threading in the
  first place?

Hmmm... yes, if you want to wire the notion of coroutines into the server
at a deep level, we *would* have a problem.  I dropped a ball while
juggling perspectives, here ;-).

Clearly, there are certain sorts of features which we could not support
in this manner.  However, that doesn't necessarily mean we want to
completely abandon support of platforms without thread support --- and
I was suggesting that a dummy threads package would allow us to do *that*
while keeping the amount of #ifdefs larded through the code down to
reasonable levels.

rst