httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: module status
Date Mon, 05 Aug 1996 22:27:42 GMT
Jim Jagielski said:

> Paul Richards wrote:
> >
> > If it's only one or two then we should rethink what's been done and
> > pull out the regex code so that you only have to get it if you need
> > it.
> >

> As you know, I was an avid complainer about the appearences and inclusion
> of regex, since it appeared that it was "officially supported" (whatever
> that means) Apache code... I'm still concerned about it.
>
> I think I will change the defaults for Configuration.tmpl to have it
> _not_ included. Once we know which systems require it, we can add
> them on a case-by-case basis to Configure or even refer to in in
> Con*.tmpl

I compleletly disagee here... if it works well, especially for system
like linux, where without the regex stuff it will crock and die (using the
newer libc's) I think we should defently leave it in AS the default... or
at least for Linux, if nothing else.

--
Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org

Finagle's Fifth Law:
        Always draw your curves, then plot your readings.